Dodge WC - 54 a successor to the WC-27 model fitted to the medical corps of the U.S. army.
More and more high, Dodge WC-54 was driven by the engine of WC-51: Dodge t214.
WC-51, his carrorrerie was all-metal, which allowed to protect what he was carrying. It could carry 4 casualties lying on stretchers bunk or 6 sitting wounded.
The Fund was built by Wayne Corporation in Indiana but because of material shortages, the ordnance corp created a more economical ambulance on the bass of "WC62 command car", lengthened and repackaged with a wooden box.
The WC54 showed remarkable comfort and transport capacity for the time. In accordance with the Geneva convention which protects health, all vehicles of Medical corp. will be reported by of large red cross painted on a white background on all the sides of the ambulance, and the roof.
|Weight||Vacuum: 2 690 kg / support: 3 690 kg|
||Engine Dodge T 214
Displacement: 3.8 L 6 cylinder online 3772 cm 92 HP
|Consumption||29, 5 L/100|
|Tanks||Fuel: 112 L
Oil: 5 L
Left: The WC-54 landing in Normandy in June 1944.
Right: A Dodge WC-54 of 61 st Med Bn, 5th E.S.B. landed his patients in a C-47, which will be referred to hospitals in England.